Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

iMC Clearpass Integration

This thread has been viewed 17 times
  • 1.  iMC Clearpass Integration

Posted Feb 17, 2017 03:33 AM

Hi Alltogether

I'm looking for help with the integration of Clearpass into iMC. First of all: What is the functionality/benefit from it? I know from a presentation that it provides user context. But what does the integration actually benefits?

Second: What are the parameters to fill into iMC under System -> System Settings?

IP Address*  ok
     UserName* ok
     Password* ok
     Client ID* ??
     Grant Type* ??
     Client credentials (grant_type=client_credentials)  ??
     Client Secret  ??

Regards

René

• 2.  RE: iMC Clearpass Integration
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 02, 2017 11:04 AM

Hi Rene,

I can explain the parameters, but from my knowledge there is currently nothing behind this “integration” (until next patch as far as I know).

Client ID is the API client ID you configure in ClearPass to connect to its API, and Grant Type correspond to the type you choose there. Example:

CPPM-clientid.png

Then, depending on the type, you should have to enter either a shared key or username / password (of course you need first to define a profile in ClearPass (for right management) and a user to associate to this profile).

CPPM-profile.png

CPPM-UserAPI.png

Fabien

• 3.  RE: iMC Clearpass Integration

Posted Mar 03, 2017 04:01 AM

Thank You Inge + Fabien

So, if this is a placeholder by now, what benefits are to come with the integration? At least, as seen from the screenshot, a guest user management or something like that. And besides that? Is there anything yet to know?

Regards

• 4.  RE: iMC Clearpass Integration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 03, 2017 04:09 AM
    At the moment there is no public information available. Coming with the next patches.

Best Regards

Inge Bias
    HPE Systems Engineer

• 5.  RE: iMC Clearpass Integration

Posted Jul 10, 2018 02:40 PM

Hi Team

Is it possible to perfom an integration with IMC 7.3 (E0506) with ClearPass 6.7.0 101814

• 6.  RE: iMC Clearpass Integration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 03, 2017 03:51 AM

This is a placeholder for later versions as imc V7.3E0504 versions does not support Clearpass integration.

• 7.  RE: iMC Clearpass Integration

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 18, 2019 04:59 AM

Hi Rene,

The integration between ClearPass and IMC is used in NTA / UBA part of IMC.

By default in NTA and UBA you can see traffic analysis for IP address / hostnames. If you have ClearPass integration configured you can see additional information like authenticated username, since when the user is authenticated ...

Fabien