Network Management

New Contributor

iMC Clearpass Integration

Hi Alltogether

I'm looking for help with the integration of Clearpass into iMC. First of all: What is the functionality/benefit from it? I know from a presentation that it provides user context. But what does the integration actually benefits?

Second: What are the parameters to fill into iMC under System -> System Settings?

IP Address*  ok
 UserName* ok
 Password* ok
 Client ID* ??
 Grant Type* ??
 Client credentials (grant_type=client_credentials)  ??
 Client Secret  ??

Regards

René

Aruba Employee

Re: iMC Clearpass Integration

[ Edited ]

Hi Rene,

I can explain the parameters, but from my knowledge there is currently nothing behind this “integration” (until next patch as far as I know).

Client ID is the API client ID you configure in ClearPass to connect to its API, and Grant Type correspond to the type you choose there. Example:

CPPM-clientid.png

Then, depending on the type, you should have to enter either a shared key or username / password (of course you need first to define a profile in ClearPass (for right management) and a user to associate to this profile).

CPPM-profile.png

CPPM-UserAPI.png

Fabien

New Contributor

This is a placeholder for later versions as imc V7.3E0504 versions does not support Clearpass integration.

New Contributor

Thank You Inge + Fabien

So, if this is a placeholder by now, what benefits are to come with the integration? At least, as seen from the screenshot, a guest user management or something like that. And besides that? Is there anything yet to know?

Regards

New Contributor

At the moment there is no public information available. Coming with the next patches.

Best Regards

Inge Bias
HPE Systems Engineer
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: