Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

"advanced" Airwave reporting

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  "advanced" Airwave reporting

Posted Apr 26, 2013 05:10 AM

Hi there,

I am having some trouble getting the information which our Management require from Airwave, and wonder if anyone else has already solved the problems I am encountering. In some cases the information is availble through the GUI, but this makes it very time consuming to collect. 

A few examples of what I am trying to do are:-

- Create a report which shows user numbers or bandwidth use for the X busiest AP's in folder Y, over time period A 

(Or failing that, all APs in a folder)

- Total clients in given period (eg week) for group of APsin graph format - ideally 2.4 +5  Ghz radios combined

- Report showing times of peak usage for each AP in a group, alongside that peak number.

I am guessing it might be possible to get at the underlying RRDTool type "stuff" (to use a technical phase! :)  to do this?

• 2.  RE: "advanced" Airwave reporting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 26, 2013 04:32 PM

For Example 1: Try the Device Summary report which provides 'Most Utilized by Max Concurrent Clients' and 'Most Utilized by Usage' reporting.  You can isolate the report to a specific folder or group.

For Example 2 & 3: Try the Network Usage report, this gives 'Usage and Client Count by Folder' (2 graphs, one for usage and one for clients).  This also gives you the cumulative view for sublevel folders also.

Take a look at the reports and let me know if they are accomplishing what you're trying to achieve.

• 3.  RE: "advanced" Airwave reporting

Posted Apr 29, 2013 11:05 AM

Thanks Rob,

What I'm looking for is a way to get effectively a combination of those two - Graphs for the busiest to X AP's, so we can pinpoint *when* without having to manually look at each device. Typing a list of AP's into the Network Usage report filter and getting a seperate graph for each would probably suffice... But I'm not sure this is possible? Failing that I guess we could move the busiest X AP's into a group of their own as a workaround. (Would their previous data follow them if we did this?)

When I presented the Network Usage graph to the individual who's interested in the data, he said "if you could get the raw data underlying this graph that would be perfect".

• 4.  RE: "advanced" Airwave reporting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2013 11:13 AM

Moving a device doesn't move the group / folder history for that device.  It'll only maintain the end device's history.

I'll look into seeing if there's a better way to get at this information.  Give me a while to do some research, My hunch is that sourcing the RRDs in the background may be the closest way to get what you want at the moment.  It would be a feature request to have an easier way to get this info outputted the way you're looking for.

• 5.  RE: "advanced" Airwave reporting

Posted Apr 30, 2013 02:46 AM

OK Rob, many thanks for picking this up for me.

• 6.  RE: "advanced" Airwave reporting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 01, 2013 12:10 PM

Update:

At this time, there's no other way to pull this data besides directly from the RRDs.  Please do file a feature request through the ideas portal as I can think of a few other customers who'd also want to see similar data output.

• 7.  RE: "advanced" Airwave reporting

Posted Mar 06, 2017 09:29 AM

I know this is a very old ticket, but wondering if any sort of "busiest APs" report feature got added. The OP was looking for charts for each AP showing their total clients by time of day. Aruba suggested a feature request.

• 8.  RE: "advanced" Airwave reporting

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 06, 2017 10:10 AM

We have Device Summary report which proivde usage of busiest AP based on group/folder

Capture2.PNG

sample screen shot of device summar report

Capture1.JPG

It does not proivde AP usage data in form of  graphs but it will have all details of top busiest APs details. If you are looking for graphs data , please file feature request. If you already filed and have the details, follow up with your Aruba sales team for feature status.

If my post address your question, accept my solution and give kudos:)

Regards,

Pavan