Network Management

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

svn: E155007: '/root/svn/mercury' is not a working copy

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  svn: E155007: '/root/svn/mercury' is not a working copy

Posted Feb 23, 2017 01:57 PM

Upon attempting to upgrade to 8.2.1, my AMP server bombed out during the install.  The error I recieve is "svn: E155007: '/root/svn/mercury' is not a working copy".  I am not able to restart the upgrade and the ./amp-install does not work.  Recommended next step?

• 2.  RE: svn: E155007: '/root/svn/mercury' is not a working copy

Posted Feb 23, 2017 02:09 PM
    Was the upgrade complete? I think at a certain version it changes to /root/bin/mercury or something similar. I came across it as well but my upgrade was complete. If the upgrade is complete, airwave asks to upgrade the kernels and gives you the command. You have to copy and paste it in notepad, remove the spaces and run it. After that, a full reboot fixes everything.

• 3.  RE: svn: E155007: '/root/svn/mercury' is not a working copy

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 27, 2017 05:49 AM

From which version are you trying to upgrade the server to AMP 8.2.1? In AMP 8.2.x code, we have moved from /root/svn/mercury to /root/git/mercury directory.

During upgrade, it will be migrated to new directory, if server upgrade aborted then we have to look in to upgrade.log which we could find in /var/log/upgrade directory. please collect the log and open TAC ticket.

If server upgraded sucessfully, we could ignore this message.

• 4.  RE: svn: E155007: '/root/svn/mercury' is not a working copy

Posted Apr 24, 2019 06:32 AM

Same here: the amp_upgrade script cannot remove svn/mercury/scripts because it contains… running amp_upgrade script :)

Seen upgrading from 8.2.0 to 8.2.4.1

• 5.  RE: svn: E155007: '/root/svn/mercury' is not a working copy

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 25, 2019 11:17 AM

This is expected.  The home directory changes underneath you, so logging out and back in or alias 'root' should take you to the new base of the code at /root/git/mercury.  Once you get beyond 8.2.4 -> the AMPCLI menu takes over as root shell is discontinued.