Resident Engineer (Atlanta, GA)
Resident Engineer (Atlanta, GA)
02-01-2017 05:49 PM
Date posted 12/07/2016
Location Atlanta, Georgia
Other Locations , Georgia
The Company is seeking to identify highly motivated and qualified individuals for various future opportunities as Resident Engineer.
In anticipation of these opportunities becoming available, completing a profile will allow us to evaluate your qualifications and interests and will allow us to stay connected.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation networking solutions for the mobile enterprise: http://www.arubanetworks.com/company/about-us. We have an exciting opportunity for a Resident Engineer to join our team.
The Resident Engineer role and responsibilities are primarily focused upon providing ongoing technical support and advisory services to HPE-Aruba customers for HPE- Aruba ClearPass™ solutions.
- Providing Post-Deployment technical support for ClearPass
- Proactively analyzing and testing configurations for ClearPass role-based and policy-based access control, and multi-factor authentication
- Assessing and escalating ClearPass issues in support of HPE-Aruba TAC and Product Engineering organizations
- Collaboration in the development of secure mobility solutions; building test beds; conducting security verification & validation testing; developing performance benchmarks
- Actively seek to education and expand customer HPE-Aruba technical expertise through informal workshops, coaching sessions, design reviews, and documentation for customer use
- Integrate as part and be accepted as part of the customer engineering and operations team
- Quickly assess and analyze pertinent data points in order to focus getting to root cause on customer issues with HPE-Aruba products
- Continuously educate and expand the technical expertise of the customer
- Team with the HPE-Aruba Sales Team and be engaged in their work with the customer
- Operate inter-dependently with a diverse realm of personnel to draw expertise in problem-solving
- Maintain a sense of mission and focus on results that bring value to the customer
- Minimum of Seven (7) years practical Layer 2 and Layer 3 internetworking experience required.
- Minimum of Three (3) years practical hands on WLAN and 802.11 experience and expertise required.
- Minimum of Five (5) years practical experience and expertise in network security required.
- Ability to design, deploy and troubleshoot IP and wireless networks; which includes enterprise IP networking, IP network security, authentication, certificates, remote access, network access controls, and IP network management required.
- Wireless networking expertise; hands on in configuration, operation, maintenance preferred.
- Experience building and operating large operational support systems, systems integration, APIs required.
- Experience in trouble isolation and remediation at layers 1-4 (IP, MAC, RF, and some application level) required.
- Experience and understanding of LAN/WAN architectures and designs; mobile networking, and cloud networking required.
- Ability to attain Aruba certifications (ACMA, AWMP, ACCP, ACMP, ACCX) required.
- Good communications skills, both oral and written required.
- Experience working in customer technical support roles; assessing and triage of troubles, managing trouble tickets, and trouble resolution required.
- Experience in addressing multi-variable trouble environments required.
- Methodical approach to trouble resolution required.
- Ability to be on-site at customer premises regularly required.
- Comfortable with non-standard work schedule.
- Experience in identification of potential opportunities to for additional HPE-Aruba business required.
- Recent hands on ClearPass and AirWave experience in configuration, operation, and troubleshooting preferred.
- ACCP / ACCX preferred
- Experience working in “cloud environments” (VMware, clustering, large systems) preferred.
- Database engineering experience preferred.
- Experience in consulting network engineer role, preferred.
- Project management experience/skills/background, a plus.
- Experience using SFDC Services preferred.
- Experience with NetScout AirMagnet™ Survey PRO and Spectrum XT preferred.
- Knowledge of LINUX, XML, HTML, Powershell, Orchestrator preferred.
- Atlanta, GA
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company, is a leading provider of next-generation network access solutions for the mobile enterprise. The company designs and delivers Mobility-Defined Networks that empower IT departments and #GenMobile, a new generation of tech-savvy users who rely on their mobile devices for every aspect of work and personal communication. To create a mobility experience that #GenMobile and IT can rely upon, Aruba Mobility-Defined Networks™ automate infrastructure-wide performance optimization and trigger security actions that used to require manual IT intervention. The results are dramatically improved productivity and lower operational costs.
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic. The EEO is the Law poster is available at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf.
#ArubaNetworks #GenMobile #ArubaNetworksJobs #HPE #HewlettPackardEnterprise