Norsk Forum

Occasional Contributor II

IP DHCP Helper - Mobility Controller

Dear,
I'm having a simple problem to do a relay to the dhcp from the client network through the wireless controller only to a vlan of a specific network.
I am using the mobility controller in version 6.5 and vlan is already configured on the controller in the trunk and switch and there is connectivity between them, as well as being able to connect to the client's external dhcp server.
I created the vlan interface and I put an IP and MASK from this network and I created an IP helper for this dhcpp server, but the network still does not get IP.
Any suggestions for solving the problem?

thankful.

MVP

Re: IP DHCP Helper - Mobility Controller

Hello!

You should problably post this in a different forum - like this one:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/bd-p/unified-wired-wireless-access

That said - please verify that all routing is in place. Most common mistake is that the client subnet is not routed in the core switch/default gateway to the controller.

Take a look at this post:

https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/ControllerBasedWLANs/article-id/1365

Good luck!

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCX #902 :: ACSA
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Intelecom/NetNordic - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!

Thanks but ping works I can reach the DHCP by controller but not receive the IP . I got configure the IP help for this but not,s work.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
MVP

Yes, but please read the post I linked to. I'm assuming you're doing NAT and ping works with that, but ip relay doesn't. The DHCP server will send the reply to the IP the controller has on the same interface as the client.

If your core switch doesn't have routing for that subnet with nexthop to controller IP, it will fail.

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCX #902 :: ACSA
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Intelecom/NetNordic - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!

There is a interface vlan in this same subnet on DHCP and I can ping. There is routing this subnet . Nothing problem with connectivity.There is the same configuration on WLC Cisco old.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: