Outdoor & Mesh Networks

New Contributor

AP80 Firmware Upgrade HELP!

I'm trying to upgrade my AP80's. I have spent over 4 hours with TAC and they are lost/ no help! They have sent me the firmware I need to upgrade to. I have also down loaded it from Aruba support page. I keep getting a Magic Number of Firmware Error. Has anyone seen this before and fixed it? TAC is lost they hung up with me 2 hours ago and said they would send a new firmware file. I still have not received any thing.
Aruba Employee

Not much help...

I know this isn't any help, but I do have two of those set up as a bridge across a street. I asked about upgrading the firmware on them, since they haven't been touched since they were installed over 6 years ago. I was told by engineers not to touch them, not to upgrade the firmware on them.

Is there a specific reason why you are upgrading the firmware on them?

Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Zach
Thanks,

Zach Jennings
Guru Elite

Re: AP80 Firmware Upgrade HELP!

You need to continue to work with support on this... If you are talking about the AP80SB, etc, very few people would know enough here to troubleshoot the issues on that end of life platform. I want to say like zjennings, is your AP still working? then leave it alone........ ;)

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
New Contributor

First of all I would not be upgrading unless there was a problem. I don't go around looking for trouble. I work for a university and we have problem with people coming in and not be able to connect. We have to spoof there MAC so they can connect to the network. See issue that is fixed below.

Issues and Limitations Fixed in Version 2.0.2.18b07
This release contains all fixes up to and including those in 2.00.00. The following issues and limitations have been fixed in the 2.0.2.18b07 release.

Table 2 Resolved Issues in Version 2.0.2.18b07
Change Description
Firmware Upgrade Description: When we send a packet where the most significant bit of the most significant byte of the MAC address is '1' we cannot pass this packet through WDS.
Solution: In WDS encryption mode, when we parse mac header we use 3 address format to get the key index value, it could make a trouble to get the correct key to decryption the packet. We use the correct 4 address header format to resolve this problem.
Guru Elite

Got it. Please continue to work with support. It is probably a long ways up, if it does not respond...
Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: