Contributor II

Ap-104

Can I connect an AP-104 with a Cisco Yugi antenna? I have the adapter for the antenna cable to the AP. Also, is there any setting I have to set in my controller to adjust for this antenna? I connected everything above but it doesn't seem I'm getting a signal out of the antenna. The Antenna did work with a Cisco AP-1235 but we are in the process of switching to Aruba APs..

Thanks
Guru Elite

Re: Ap-104

We are only allowed to deploy by the FCC access points with antennas that we have sold and tested together.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

So your telling me an Aruba AP can only use Aruba antennas?
Guru Elite

I'm sure you can get it to work; it is just not supported. You would need to put in the DB for each antenna in the AP provisioning screen otherwise the AP will not broadcast.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

It can work with other manufacturers' antennas, but would no longer be FCC certified as a complete system. From a legal perspective, you would need an FCC certified installer to validate the system.

It's not a technical limitation, but a legal/regulatory one.
Contributor II

I understand now.. I actually meant an AP-124 not AP-104.
Guru Elite

It can work with other manufacturers' antennas, but would no longer be FCC certified as a complete system. From a legal perspective, you would need an FCC certified installer to validate the system.

It's not a technical limitation, but a legal/regulatory one.

Yes, what he said :)

Colin Joseph

Contributor II

OK, so I can't use the Cisco Yagi 13.5 dBi Antenna with the N-type of connector. Any recommendations for a similar Aruba Antenna with a N-type of connection? It will be used with a AP-124 but I do have the coupler need for connection to the AP.
Aruba

Which Frequency band is supported on the existing deployment? Is it 2.4, 5.0 GHz, or both ?
Contributor II

2.4 Ghz.. not really looking for 5 Ghz. We're just trying to cover a grassy area at the University that the students can sit on chairs while using their laptop. The Cisco 1232 with the Yagi antenna worked great. This is the only area I'm having trouble covering. We currently have a 5 meter cable between the antenna and AP. Moving the AP closer to the antenna isn't an option..
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: