Remote Networking

Occasional Contributor II

2 RAP2's on one DSL line

I am installing a 3200 controller at a council, they are going to use it to serve 50 RAP2's that will be installed in local primary schools to let the teachers access the corporate network from the school (there is a DSL connection at each school). The customer wants to be able to connect 2 of the RAP2's to one DSL line at certain schools.
I have tried this from home and also from their office but it does not seem to work.
The first one provisions fine and you can connect back to the corporate network but when yoiu then try and add another it fails on the provisioning page when it is trying to connect to the master.

Does anyone know if connecting 2 RAP2's to the same DSL line is even possible?

Thanks,
Dave
Guru Elite

Router

I haven't tried to provision a second RAP when the first one is in operation, but multiple RAPs behind a single NAT boundary like a router behind a DSL modem is supported. The big question is, do you have a router on that DSL connection, or do you have RAPs doing PPPOE? If you have a router, does it support passing more than one IPSEC connection at a time? If not, most router manufacturers offer an upgrade that will allow it to do so. If you do not have a router, are you trying to do two instances of PPPOE on the same connection?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Re: 2 RAP2's on one DSL line

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply! I am very new to Aruba and wireless in fact so this is all quite foreign to me. At the location I am testing from there is a Cisco Catalyst 3560 POE-12 which the DSL line is plugged into. I have plugged the RAP2's into it and as I say the first one connects but the second one wont. I do not have access to the Cisco device so can not tell you how it is configured but the customer is convinced there is nothing in the config that should stop this working.

I have also tried from home on a BT broadband router and the same thing happened.

Thanks,
Dave
Guru Elite

BT Broadband Router

Contact your provider and find out if your BT Broadband router can do IPSEC passthrough for more than one device at a time.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: