Remote Networking

New Contributor

APs at Remote Site Cannot Reach Controller

Colin -
I have attempted to test with AP70, AP105, AP124 & AP125... These are all the different types of AP's that I have "on-hand"...
As far as the remote site connection... I am connected between sites with a Sprint MPLS network.

Guru Elite

Re: APs at Remote Site Cannot Reach Controller

Colin -
I have attempted to test with AP70, AP105, AP124 & AP125... These are all the different types of AP's that I have "on-hand"...
As far as the remote site connection... I am connected between sites with a Sprint MPLS network.

Yes, but what problem are you having?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Colin –
My apologies… I was replying to your response to a question from several weeks ago…
I have a 620 installed at a remote office location connected by Sprint MPLS and I am attempting to install four AP’s at this remote office.
The 620 is up and connected and running. However when I place an AP in the remote office it "will not" connect to the Master Controller to download its updates and programming. The remote office AP's are grabbing DHCP but I cannot ping them, I can ping the Master Controller from the remote office network both by IP Address and name (aruba-master) and I have even set-up the DHCP options on the remote DHCP server. Yet still no luck... any ideas?

Guru Elite

Colin –
My apologies… I was replying to your response to a question from several weeks ago…
I have a 620 installed at a remote office location connected by Sprint MPLS and I am attempting to install four AP’s at this remote office.
The 620 is up and connected and running. However when I place an AP in the remote office it "will not" connect to the Master Controller to download its updates and programming. The remote office AP's are grabbing DHCP but I cannot ping them, I can ping the Master Controller from the remote office network both by IP Address and name (aruba-master) and I have even set-up the DHCP options on the remote DHCP server. Yet still no luck... any ideas?

Is the 620 controller your ONLY controller? I am trying to understand your topology.

Are the APs with the problem AND the 620 controller at the same remote site?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

New Contributor

Is the 620 controller your ONLY controller? I am trying to understand your topology.

Are the APs with the problem AND the 620 controller at the same remote site?

Let me see if I can describe my topology…
I have several controllers running in my network. I have 1 - 3600 Master Controller and 2 - 3600 Remote Controllers running at my “main campus” and 56 Total AP’s running currently on my LAN network. All of these controllers are running AOS 6.0.1.2 on these controllers.
I have two remote office sites that I’m looking at bringing up wireless at. One is close and the other is over six hours away.
The close site is where I have installed the 620 Remote Controller and the AP’s with the “problem”. I started with this site to be able to test and verify functionality before I attempt to install anything at the distant office I will know everything will work out, so to speak.
Guru Elite

If the access points are on the same VLAN as the 620 controller, they should come up on the 620 controller, and you should be able to provision them. Please consider moving them into the same layer2 VLAN as the 620 to make this happen, if you can. If the default AP-group on the 620 has an LMS-IP in the AP system profile, the AP will be forwarded to that IP address and expect a controller to be there. Also make sure that the controller-ip of the controller is the management VLAN and not the 172.16.0.254 address that might have been put into there when it was first provisioned.

You should also be able to ping the AP intermittently (if it is rebooting).

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: