Remote Networking

Occasional Contributor II

Active users aren't showing up on the user-table

Hello folks,

I have noticed random active users aren't showing up on the user-table. Have you seen this issue?

Controller: Aruba3600-US
Version 3.3.2.18-rn-3.1.3 build 22457

Thanks,
Eva
Frequent Contributor I

type of forwarding mode?

Hi,

Perhaps, u may try to check the type of forwarding mode the RAP is on?
Each mode has slight characteristics...

Michael

Re: Active users aren't showing up on the user-table

Hi Mike,

They are in split-tunnel mode. Majority of the traffic were getting through the tunnel and internet traffic got source NAT'd out locally. These traffic were also showing up on the datapath session. But, users were still not showing up the user table. So far, this looks like specific to RAP-5.

Thanks,
Eva
Guru Elite

Not showing up in User Table

Meesick,

Are they missing from the commandline, or the GUI, or both? Please do a "show station-table" or "show ap association" to see if they are being reflected as associated. I have seen users take up to a minute to show up on the commandline in "show user", even though it is reflected correctly in the GUI.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Wired or Wireless?

If the user is "wired" they'll need to be in an "untrusted" mode to show up. Set the AAA policy for the wired port to the desired "initial role" and set the port mode to untrusted. Then they'll show in the user table if they're wired. We just sent a bunch of users home with Wired PC's and Cisco IP phones and saw the same thing. If they were wireless, we saw them, but wired devices won't show in the client table (or in Airwave for that matter) unless they're "untrusted".

Meesick,

Are they missing from the commandline, or the GUI, or both? Please do a "show station-table" or "show ap association" to see if they are being reflected as associated. I have seen users take up to a minute to show up on the commandline in "show user", even though it is reflected correctly in the GUI.

They are missing from the command line and the GUI. They aren't show up on "show station-table" or "show ap association".

I opened a ticket with support and has been confirmed that this is a bug. I have just patched the controllers in this morning, and will be monitoring the status.

They are all untrusted users. :)

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: