Remote Networking

New Contributor

Adding Remote AP's to Whitelist for Zero Touch Provisioning

I was recently setting up a new controller for Remote AP usage, and was faced with the challenge to adding 96 new devices to the controller. With this sort of count, I didn't want to have to manually add them all via the web interface as it would have taken too long.

However, there was no documented command line method to add the RAP's to the ap database. Here is what I did to discover what the web interface was actually doing:

1) I self signed a cert. for the web interface at a low security level. (RC4 cipher only)
2) I used Wireshark to sniff my web interface traffic, and used my private key / cert combination to decrypt while sniffing.
3) I discovered what "command" was being used in the web HTTP traffic to actually add the ap itself.
4) I wrote a TcL expect script to parse through a comma delimited list of RAP's which we had barcode scanned, and added them all to the controller in one script run.

The actual command that the web gui used was as follows:

local-userdb-ap add mac-address ap-group ap-name description

You just need to be "enabled" and not in config. mode.

-Joff Thyer
Guru Elite

show audit-trail

Or, you can just type "show audit-trail" on the commandline and it will show you everything that has been entered on the GUI or via SSH.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: