Remote Networking

Aruba Employee

Can configure LMS IP as Domain name

Hi All,

My customer would like use Domain Name instead using IP address for LMS, does this work?

Thank You,
Guru Elite

Re: Can configure LMS IP as Domain name

the LMS ip must be an ip address.

The master controller ip address/dns name, which is provisioned into an access point for INITIAL contact with the controller when the AP boots up, CAN be a DNS address:

When an access point boots up, it contacts the controller at the master controller ip/dns name. If in the AP system profile in that APs ap-group there is an LMS-IP, it will then be redirected to the controller at that address immediately. If there is no controller at the LMS-IP, or if the controller at the LMS-IP goes down, the AP will go to the backup LMS-IP, if it is configured.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Thanks, for your reply

Actually my customer would like using F5 to load balance RAP to difference controller.

The idea is using domain name, when RAP connect to Controller virtual domain name, F5 will auto load balance to backend controller.

If in this case do i need use LMS IP, or i configure master domain name in each RAP?
Guru Elite

You can use DNS-round robin to do this. Setup an DNS-record with two ip addresses. Provision the AP with that DNS record. The first AP will get the first address and the second AP will get the second address.

I do not know the details of the F5 load balancer and whether or not it would work with ipsec properly to do what you want it to do.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Thanks, Let me try first
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: