Remote Networking

Frequent Contributor II

Cannot obtain IP address when RAP2 is connected

Hi,

I have been able to get my RAP2 to establish a connection to our datacenter controller and it is broadcasting our corporate SSID at home.

When I connect to it using my corporate latop (Windows 7), it says "Connected" but I am unable to obtain an ip address.

I understand why it's not working with our corporate DHCP servers (I need to enable a helper address on a router), but for testing, I created a DHCP pool on the controller to issue addresses in the same VLAN that our enterprise VAP maps to.

But still no address.

I also tested AAA connectivity from the controller and that was successful.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Aruba Employee

Re: Cannot obtain IP address when RAP2 is connected

Lee - make sure you enabled DHCP. In the GUI, click Configuration > IP > DHCP Server > Enable DHCP Server (on the top of the page in my controller). In the CLI, do the commands:

config t
service dhcp
end
wr mem
Frequent Contributor II

Hi,

I checked that DHCP was enabled, and it was.

One thought, I have "enforce DHCP" checked, on my AAA profile, should it be checked or unchecked ?
Aruba Employee

The enforce DHCP option is OK. What role do you put the clients into? Is DHCP allowed?

Also, check the subnet mask on the DHCP scope and make sure matches the one on the client VLAN. Just realized... you do have an IP address on the VLAN interface where the users connect, right? DHCP wont work if you dont.
Frequent Contributor II

Ok,

So, I have it working now using the controllers internal DHCP server. You were right, the network statement subnet mask was different to the controller's interface.

Thanks for your help
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: