Remote Networking

Occasional Contributor II

Don't want VIA client to auto-start

Is it possible to set the VIA client so that it doesn't automatically launch on login? I'm just setting this up for users who will need access 1-3 times pre week from home or on the road. If they don't need access to the office network, I'd prefer not to have them automatically connect.

Thanks!
MVP

Re: Don't want VIA client to auto-start

You can remove VIA from the windows startup folder, that should prevent VIA from starting up.
Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer

That's hilarious - I was looking for something more complicated, when it's actually that basic. Thanks.
Aruba Employee

I believe there is a checkbox somewhere in the VIA configuration that controls "auto launch."

There is an option to enable or disable 'Client Auto-Login' under the 'VIA connection profile' -> VIA Controllers. There are other available options that can be enable/disable at this level.

Cheers,

** M.T.
Aruba

Auto Login...

There is an option to enable or disable 'Client Auto-Login' under the 'VIA connection profile' -> VIA Controllers. There are other available options that can be enable/disable at this level.

Cheers,

** M.T.

Keep in mind that the "auto login' option controls whether the VIA client will auto connect/login to the network, and run through its TRUSTED/UNTRUSTED network logic. It does not control if the client will auto-start when windows boots.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: