Remote Networking

Occasional Contributor II

IP Pools Some Questions

Hi All,
Got my VPN up and running, first I don't seem to be giving any one connecting a DNS suffix so they got to type the whole domain which is a bit of a pain, next the release time is stupid and keeps maxing out the number of IP's in the pool.

Can I alter these settings?
Aruba Employee

Re: IP Pools Some Questions

I am assuming you are usinig the DHCP server on the controller?

If so, do the commands:

ip dhcp pool
domain-name company.com
lease

exit
exit
wr mem

That will set the domain suffix and you can set your DHCP lease to what ever you want.
Aruba Employee

should have been "ip dhcp pool " for the first command line.
Aruba Employee

argh... keeps dropping the way I am putting in the name of the DHCP pool. Add the name at the end of the ip dhcp pool command...
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Mate,
Its the VPN Pools I am talking about not DHCP, I think they class them as different things.
Aruba Employee

The users don't get DHCP from the VPN pool, though. The issue with the domain suffix is coming from the DHCP server that client is using. Are these clients using the AP as the dhcp server? If so, you can change the lease time under the AP System profile (rap-dhcp-lease).

There is a corporate DNS domain, but I don't think that is exactly what you want. That will control what DNS domains are resolved by corporate DNS servers, not add the suffix.
Guru Elite

Hi Mate,
Its the VPN Pools I am talking about not DHCP, I think they class them as different things.[/QUOTE

You are correct. Users do not get IP addresses from DHCP if they are connecting via VPN. They get it from the pool. The other parameters they receive, they get from Configuration> Advanced Services> VPN. The only way the suffix can be populated to the user is if your user is already part of a domain and that domain suffix gets appended to any non-fqdn domain that they type.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Sorry.. obviously missed the point with this one... I was thinking RAP and you clearly said VPN. Sorry for the confusion.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: