Remote Networking

Occasional Contributor II

New batch of RAP-2WG's will not connect

I just got a new batch of RAP-2WG's and they won't come active on the controller. The only difference I can see is that the new ones all come with 5.0 code from the factory while the older ones came with 3.x and seem to still be running that code.

The RAP's create a tunnel, get put in the appropriate role (The role has all the correct permissions) but the AP never comes up as active. The only error I can see that might indicate an issue is on the RAP under SAPD_Debug I have the following error:
rap_store_ip_map_for_downgrade: Error in reading flash

Maybe it is having an issue downgrading to the 3.3.2 code we are running? This is on a wide open T-1 so TFTP should be allowed inbound.

Any suggestions?
Guru Elite

Try it internally

It is a WAN-connected T-1? TFTP is used initially and is very inefficient over slow links. Take it to your main location and try to get them to boot to the controller.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: New batch of RAP-2WG's will not connect

Same issue it seems. Is there a way to manually push an older image onto a device?
Guru Elite

Hold UP

RAP2s will ONLY work on the "RN" code, and 5.0, NOT 3.x, like you are trying to run them on. Please upgrade to 5.0 OR, make sure you are running the RN code, before you boot those RAPs. IMHO, you should only use 5.0, because the RN code will not be with us forever....

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Sorry I wasn't clear, I am running 3.3.2.18-rn code so it is remote networking code.

Guru Elite

support case

This is a good time for a support case.

Colin Joseph

Yep, I opened one this morning. I was hoping I was missing something obvious though. Thank you for taking a look!

Looks like this was a bug in the code I was running, upgraded to 5.0.x code resolved it.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: