Remote Networking

Contributor I

Office Communicator Desktop Share

Hey guys,

I'm working on a VBN PoC with one of our customers here in Mexico. Their IT department uses Office Communicator to help remote users in a webex fashion.

So we deployed 3 RAPs through 3 Remote Locations, and communicator chat and voice services worked OK, but desktop shares could not be completed. As far as we know communicator's desktop share works stablish a peer to peer connection once their have iniciated session.

Does anybody have a similar case out there?

Regards,

Erick Müller
Guru Elite

Desktop Sharing Ports

- Can the users reach each other?

Desktop sharing uses a different set of ports : http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/communicationsserversecurity/thread/3325319f-5696-4ee3-bbb8-ce2df7c703d6 You should do a "show datapath session table " on the commandline of the controller to see what traffic is being passed, and what is blocked. You may have to relax the restrictions on your firewall policies.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Re: Office Communicator Desktop Share

- Can the users reach each other?

Desktop sharing uses a different set of ports : http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/communicationsserversecurity/thread/3325319f-5696-4ee3-bbb8-ce2df7c703d6 You should do a "show datapath session table " on the commandline of the controller to see what traffic is being passed, and what is blocked. You may have to relax the restrictions on your firewall policies.

Thanks Colin
Guru Elite

One Thing...

Are the users on those RAPs in Bridged Mode?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Re: Office Communicator Desktop Share

Hey Guys,

Thanks to the TAC we found that the problem was an incompability between Communicator 2005 and Windows 7.

Windows XP clients could work
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: