Occasional Contributor II

RAP-2W License ?

Hi

Can anyone help or tell me if you require a RAP License installed on an Aruba 800 to run a remote RAP-2WG and is the configuration different from deploying a remote RAP such as an AP 65 ?

Many thanks
Guru Elite

2wg

Hi

Can anyone help or tell me if you require a RAP License installed on an Aruba 800 to run a remote RAP-2WG and is the configuration different from deploying a remote RAP such as an AP 65 ?

Many thanks

You do need a RAP License installed for a RAP2WG. The provisioning is simpler and different from the AP65 and a new feature called "Zero Touch Provisioning" is only supported on the 3000 series and M3 platforms. Details are in the Virtual Branch Networking VRD here: http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/technology/VBN_VRD.pdf

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Rap 2

Many thanks

I thought that was the case so basically speaking anyone who wants to implement a RAP-2WG with old legacy controllers has to set up everything as you would with any old AP 65 etc. ?

THX
Guru Elite

Correct

Many thanks

I thought that was the case so basically speaking anyone who wants to implement a RAP-2WG with old legacy controllers has to set up everything as you would with any old AP 65 etc. ?

THX

Correct

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

What's the Point

Corret ? is that it !!

OK Aruba what's the point and why buy one then ?
you may as well use any old AP 60.65.70 etc and set it up as a normal RAP what really annoys me especially is when you (Aruba) and your Business partner sales people etc are pushing these new RAP's as all singing and dancing to clients who have old kit and saying yeah stick it in no problem no configuration one touch blah blah !! and it will work and it is us the poor techies who take the crap when it don't work !
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: