Remote Networking

New Contributor

RAP-2wg and Zero Touch Setup / A3000/A

Hi,
This is my first post here; I’ve been searching this forum and having a great benefit from its content.

but what i havent found is a guide/tutorial about how to configure
Remote ap Zero Touch configuration with Aruba 3x00 controllers and for example rap-2wg, if anyone have some info about this please point me in the right direction.

If I’m understanding this right it could be able to configure itself (no need for creating and provision it manually?)

Best regards

Mattias
Guru Elite

Steps

Hi,
This is my first post here; I’ve been searching this forum and having a great benefit from its content.

but what i havent found is a guide/tutorial about how to configure
Remote ap Zero Touch configuration with Aruba 3x00 controllers and for example rap-2wg, if anyone have some info about this please point me in the right direction.

If I’m understanding this right it could be able to configure itself (no need for creating and provision it manually?)

Best regards

Mattias

The description below assumes you already have regular access points configured and up and running. It also assumes that your controller is publicly accessible, either through a 1:1 static nat or a physical public interface, allowing UDP 4500 (NAT-T)

At minimum, you would need to:

1. Create an IPSEC pool for incoming RAPs (Configuration> Advanced Services> VPN Services> Address Pools> Add.
2. Put the enet0 mac address of the RAP2 in the RAP whitelist and associate it with and AP-group (Configuration> Wireless> AP Installation> RAP Whitelist> Add
3. Follow the Zero Touch provisioning instructions here http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=2128 and point it to the external IP address of the controller.

That should be it

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: