Remote Networking

Occasional Contributor II

RAP-5 On an Aruba 200

Hello,

I'm working in a test environment, and am having a bit of trouble getting it to work.

I followed this guide:

http://www.jeremygood.net/2010/04/how-to-deploy-aruba-remote-access-point_14.html

And it seems to have pointed me in the right direction, but after having it boot as a remote AP, it never comes back up. Is there a way I can look at the logs, to see what the RAP-5 is having trouble with? No console port!

I understand that Zero Touch is not available with an Aruba 200, so I'm not doing that. I've setup a normal profile for the AP, and upon provisioning the AP with RAP, it never connects to the local A200 (power light flashing green).

To sum up, what do I need to do to get the RAP working? Is there a guide, or documentation I missed? Is there some way I can access the console of the RAP, or some equivalent?

Please let me know if you need any additional information,

Thanks!
Guru Elite

rapconsole

The RAP should provide an IP address on enet1 that you can plug a laptop into. Laptop should get an IP address and you should be able to open a browser to bring up the rapconsole. On the controller side, you should type "show datapath session table " to see if traffic is hitting the controller. If the traffic is hitting the controller, you should do a "show log security " to see what issues the RAP is having.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Re: RAP-5 On an Aruba 200

Thanks for the response!

I'll check it out, and see what my results are.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: