Remote Networking

Occasional Contributor II

RAP Deployment wants needed

Good Morning All

We just purchased (2) RAP-2WG units to do some testing with to allow staff connect back to our district with out having to give out VPN access. My questions is looking at on controller that our Remote APs are Disables and we have no RAP licenses. So I guess my question is do we need to purchases licenses for this and if so what do we need?

Thanks
Ed
Guru Elite

Re: RAP Deployment wants needed

ArubaOS 5.0 and above do not require remote AP licenses. They just require regular AP licenses.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

RAP Deployment

Hi Curtis

Thanks for the update. Will we need the VPN services to be active, because currently they are disabled. Also, will OS v5.0 work on a 3600 controller?

Thanks
Ed
Aruba

RAP Deployment

OS 5 does indeed work on the 3600 controller.

To activate Remote APs under this version you can use the 'white list' method which will streamline our configuration and provisioning.

RAP Deployment

Thank I updated to v5.0.3.3.....I also downloaded the 5.0 User Guide. I am reading through the section for Remote Access Point. Everything is going good except when I get to teh section to Configure VPN Authentication. It tells me to select Conf > Sec > Auth > L3 Auth then under that in the Profiles list select VPN Auth Profile then default-rap. I get this far, then it says "For the Default Role, enter the user role you created previously" but there is nothing listed other then Server Group on the left but on the right nothing. I have attached a screen shot of what I see.

Anyone have a suggestion or am I missing something?

Ed
Guru Elite

If you are configuring certificate-based remote APS (RAP2wg and Rap5WN), you only need to create a VPN pool and Add the wired mac address of the RAP to the whitelist (configuration> Wireless> AP Installation> RAP Whitelist Tab> Add.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

RAP Deployment

OK...but I am not seeing the whitelist tab. In the instructions it says I need the PEFNG and PEFV licenses. I have the PEFNG but not the PEFV enabled on my license screen, could this be the issue?
Guru Elite

You do not need pefv. Clear your browser cache and see if you see it.

Colin Joseph

RAP Deployment

Ok the issue I am having at this point is our ISP has our external IP mapped to an IP in our DMZ which is already on its own VLAN. How do I give the controller this IP address without creating another VLAN on the controller?
Guru Elite

You would do a static 1:1 Nat between the public address and your controller's management address. You might want to speak to your ISP about the best way to do that.

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: