Remote Networking

Contributor II

RAP and Bridge Mode

Hello

We are deploying RAP in bridge mode, but we are facing some problems. If we disable the source nat rule the FTP doesn't work. And also the wireless clients can see the router and go outside, but the router is unable to ping the wireless client (even with source NAT disable). I belive is ACL problem but i'm lost Any advice?

Also in wired profile we have configured the ports as bridge but without any result.

Regards
Guru Elite

problems

FTP should work correctly with source nat enabled. If all other applications work correctly, then you should open a case.

For clients to be pingable by the default router on the local subnet, the client's Virtual AP vlan MUST match the NATIVE VLAN ID in the AP system profile of that AP-group. If the Virtual AP VLAN of the bridged client is different than the NATIVE VLAN ID in the AP system-profile, that means that client traffic is being bridged, but in a Virtualized VLAN inside of the AP, NOT on the physical VLAN.

Those clients will need:

- To have a Virtual AP VLAN that matches the Remote AP DHCP Server VLAN in the AP system profile. This is necessary for them to get ip addresses.
- To have a route-src nat rule so that they can source-nat their traffic out of the AP

If you just simply want to bridge user traffic onto the same physical network as the AP, the VLAN in the clients Virtual AP must match the Native VLAN ID in the AP system profile of the AP-group. The clients will then get the an IP address from the same local router that is providing DHCP to the AP, and they will be pingable by the router.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Re: RAP and Bridge Mode

Now it works, but if we try to download a lage file (about 600 Megs) from five different clients at the same time the clients hung for ever.
Guru Elite

Download

There are a number of variables here. What is the size of the link to the internet? What is the size of the link to the FTP server? What ftp client are the users using? Does it work with 1 client? Are these clients wired or wireless? Start with 1 client and see if that works.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

Re: RAP and Bridge Mode

For me, we upgraded the RN firmware.
It works perfectly.

Michael
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: