Contributor II

RAP and MESH

Hello we are thinking on deply some AP70 as remote AP's, but we need to add some more coverage to this network. It's possible to deploy this AP as mesh portals?

Also our controller sit's behind a NAT conexion. What ports we will need to forward to make this RAP work?

Thanks all
Guru Elite

Remote Mesh Portal

Hello we are thinking on deply some AP70 as remote AP's, but we need to add some more coverage to this network. It's possible to deploy this AP as mesh portals?

Also our controller sit's behind a NAT conexion. What ports we will need to forward to make this RAP work?

Thanks all

jsende,

Remote Mesh Portal, or Remote APs combined with mesh is not supported currently, but is a feature that is on the roadmap.

You only need UDP 4500 forwarded behind the NAT connection.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba

RAP and MESH

Remote AP + MESH portal on the same access point is not yet a supported
configuration in the current Operating System Code.

RAP requires only a single port to be opened/passable: UDP 4500.
Contributor II

Re: RAP and MESH

Thanks all! Hope to see soon the feature, meanwile I think I will add a second AP to the second network port in untrusted zone.
Occasional Contributor II

3.4.2.0 and Provisioning error

It seems as if this feature is partially configured, but not working...

When I try to provision a AP70 Rap as mesh portal I get an error that says:

Error programing AP : ERR: Can only configure RAP params for Remote Mesh Portal, not other Mesh Nodes - not reprovisioned.

Any idea why it refers to Remote Mesh Portal, although not an option?
I don't see any reference to it in the cli either...

Thanks,
Guru Elite

3.4.2 and Remote Mesh Portal

You might have tried to configure an AP as a MESH POINT and a Remote AP at the time. You can configure a Remote Mesh Portal, which is combined remote AP and mesh portal. To configure a standalone device that would connect to the remote mesh portal, you would configure just a mesh point.

Remote Mesh Portal is only supported in ArubaOS 5.0 and above.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: