Remote Networking

Regular Contributor I

RAP5 with Sierra 308 3g

Hello Everyone,

I am currently trying to configure a RAP5 to use the Sierra Wireless USB 308 3g modem.

my current settings under AP Installation -> Provisioning is:

USB Enabled

Initialization String: AT+CGDCONT=1,'IP','internet.com' (Found online for my ISP(rogers))
Device Identifier: 0x119968a3 (recommended by aruba)
Device Type: sierra-gsm

We are currently running 6.0.1.2 on all of our controllers, and are connecting to a dedicated controller which does RAP traffic. This connection works via Wired internet.

The Modem is at a point now, where it powers on, and the activity light goes to blinking blue.

I found instructions online saying
"2. Tell the modem to establish a Direct IP data connection with the wireless network:
AT!SCACT=1,1 ( to disconnect use this command AT!SCACT=0,1 )
After a short delay the modem should respond with OK and your data connection should be available for use; your modem's flashing blue LED should have changed to solid blue."

It appears that this is where it is stuck. The modem never turns solid blue, and then the 2.4 GHz light turns off. I have tried to add the above string to the Initialization string with no luck.

Any suggestions for this would be great.

Thanks,

-ELiasz
-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA
Guru Elite

Re: RAP5 with Sierra 308 3g

Please try the information in this thread here: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=3588

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Hi There,

Thanks for the quick reply, that is where i started my debugging, but unfrotunatly those setting didnt do that trick. I believe i am missing the Initialization String for Rogers.

-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA
Guru Elite

Perhaps, yes. Another thing is the deviceID that worked for the user user is 0x0f3d68a3, not 0x119968a3

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Regular Contributor I

Hello Everyone,

I have gotten it working now. The bellow settings work for Rogers Canada 3G stick Sierra Wireless USB 308

USB Device Type sierra-gsm
USB Device Identifier 0x119968a3
USB Initialization String AT+CFUN=1;+CGDCONT=1,'IP',’internet.com’
USB TTY device path ttyUSB6

Also, i was told these same settings should work with an unlocked 308 on Bell networks with 'inet.bell.ca' instead of 'internet.com'

Thanks for your replys,

-Eliasz
-------------------
ACDX, ACCP, CISSP, CWNA
Guru Elite

Nice!

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: