Occasional Contributor II

Remote MESH

Hi
I need to design a new solution for a remote mesh. I have a 620 controller on main site and on the remote site I would like to set a RAP5-WN straight into the internet connection as a Remote Mesh Portal and an AP-105 as a Mesh Point.

Do any have a full detailed design for such a scenario?

I got the mesh up and running locally. I got the RAP up and running. But converting to Remote Mesh Portal it fails.

I hope that someone in here have more experience than me with the setup and can be kind to advice me
Guru Elite

Re: Remote MESH

Please try the very excellent description by Viregg here: http://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=2824

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

So I have. I followed it from the very first to the very last, but still no luck. The Mesh Point will not come up. Even though the portal is Remote it should still connect when connected locally on controller?
Guru Elite

If you have the RAP5WN connected locally to a controller, do not configure it as a remote mesh portal. Just configure it as a regular mesh portal.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

It is connected locally now, but it will be sent to the remote office as a Remote Mesh.
The Mesh Point is up, but I can't connect to the SSID..
Guru Elite

Can you initiate user debugging (config t logging level debug user) to see what is going on with the user? (show log user debug 50)

Colin Joseph

Hi,
I got the Remote Mesh up and running. Had the SSID in split-tunneling and found that this is not supported unfortunately.
However, I'm setting up a RAP5 in brigde mode instead. But when I assign ip addresses to the clients from the RAP they can't get proper communication.
What should I do in a case where I have no dhcp server on site?
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: