Remote Networking

Occasional Contributor I

VBN - user guide and help need

Dear all,

I like to practice test for VBN deployment in order to setup for future customers.
I already tested Remote networking feature with AP 60 and worked well.

For VBN and Zero Touch IT Deployment

Could u guys pls advice me some step by step information as much as u can?

Now I have following devices:
1. MMC 3600 ( with Remote Access Points: 16 )
2. ArubaOS 3.4.1.0
3. RAP-2WG

Are those above devices enough for VBN?

My test plan is that I will put MMC3600 at HQ behind FW juniper and I will bring RAP-2WG to home and it will connect back to HQ via DSL router.

During my test, i didn't see any Remote AP Provisioning page and didn't know how to do Zero Touch IT Deployment.
That's why, I tested only normal remote AP lab.

hope to get help.

Thanks.
Guru Elite

RN Code

Dear all,

I like to practice test for VBN deployment in order to setup for future customers.
I already tested Remote networking feature with AP 60 and worked well.

For VBN and Zero Touch IT Deployment

Could u guys pls advice me some step by step information as much as u can?

Now I have following devices:
1. MMC 3600 ( with Remote Access Points: 16 )
2. ArubaOS 3.4.1.0
3. RAP-2WG

Are those above devices enough for VBN?

My test plan is that I will put MMC3600 at HQ behind FW juniper and I will bring RAP-2WG to home and it will connect back to HQ via DSL router.

During my test, i didn't see any Remote AP Provisioning page and didn't know how to do Zero Touch IT Deployment.
That's why, I tested only normal remote AP lab.

hope to get help.

Thanks.

Kokup,

Everything is good except for your version of ArubaOS. There is an RN or Remote Networking version of code that supports the features that you mention. That version of code also has documentation to tell you how to accomplish exactly what you want. ArubaOS 3.4.1 will NOT do what you want. Get the RN version of code for the 3600 along with the documentation and you will be good.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Re: VBN - user guide and help need

I would also recommend downloading the Validated Reference Design guide for VBN, you can find that on the public site at http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/technology/VBN_VRD.pdf. It walks through the deployment scenarios and configuration of the solution, and I think you'll find that to be very helpful with your testing.

-awl
Andy Logan, ACDX
Director, Strategic Account Solutions
Aruba Networks
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: