Remote Networking

Occasional Contributor II

VIA Client Bug Default GW. Help!!!!!!

Hi All,
I have got VIA working, getting a few little issues, I have my test laptop connected externally to the VPN. When I first connect it sweet pings internal stuff fine. For about 15 sec's then it drops the VIA default GW so there for can't ping internal stuff and then takes about 30sec's to 1Min before the default GW comes back and I can ping again.

Can any one help with this as I haven't got much hair as it is and seems more is going to get lost :(

Luke
Guru Elite

Re: VIA Client Bug Default GW. Help!!!!!!

If you disconnect via and do a traceroute to the controller, what does it look like? Also, please try eliminating the internet and connecting internally.

This problem seems pretty random and you probably have to open a TAC case to get to the bottom of it.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi Mate,
If its disconnected from VIA it goes out of a DSL Connection we have for testing separate from the main network all around the houses and then back into our router and then to the controller.

Its weird as it use the VIA Default GW at first when it connects then drops it and uses the Internet default GW.
Guru Elite

If this is the Windows client, you need to collect the logs from the client and the controller and send them to TAC for diagnosis. The details are in the logs as to who disconnects and why.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thats the thing its not dropping the connection VIA is still a live but when you do a route print it shows the default gw not the being the VIA interface no more. Then a couple of mins later it is the default gw but keeps happening on more then 1 machine.
Guru Elite

What version of the Via client are you using and for what Operating System?

Colin Joseph

Using 2.0.1.0.30205 with Windows XP 32Bit.

I tried the original that came with the controller and it had the same issue.
Guru Elite

That is the latest. Like I said, you will have to send the logs into TAC to get this resolved. The logs will tell them why you are having this behavior.

Colin Joseph

OK I will get them together and pass them to our Support company to pass on.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: