Remote Networking

Contributor II

VIA clients network settings

We're in the process of setting up our VPN services and allowing clients to use the VIA software to remote in. So far it seems as though VIA clients are pulling IP addresses down from the same DHCP pool that the RAPs use (under Advanced Services>VPN Services>IPSEC), which is fine, as you can also define DNS parameters within the same section, but I'm not seeing anywhere that indicates a default gateway?

Is this by design since the IPs are just being used to establish the VPN tunnel? If so how does everyone have their NATing/Rules setup for VIA?

Thanks!
Contributor II

Re: VIA clients network settings

So I think I've got this one solved. I had to add the "any any any src-nat" rule to the default-via-role and now we're good :)

Funny thing was it wouldn't let me choose the NAT pool directly in the VPN Services/IPSEC menu, it kept saying "NO CHANGES MADE" when I went to apply the change, weird.
Guru Elite

Please report this as a GUI bug so it can get fixed.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor I

So I think I've got this one solved. I had to add the "any any any src-nat" rule to the default-via-role and now we're good :)

Funny thing was it wouldn't let me choose the NAT pool directly in the VPN Services/IPSEC menu, it kept saying "NO CHANGES MADE" when I went to apply the change, weird.

which ArubaOS version is this?
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: