Remote Networking

Contributor II

VPN Connection From Client to Controller

Hi,

We are currently using an aruba 3600 with AP 124. We are trying to setup a VPN connection from the user to the controller. Does the client VPN require RAP to be working? Also, we have the licenses necessary for it. I created a VPN dialer under the VPN services, an address pool, the shard secret, and a username and password under the internal database. We are using 802.1x and we are using the aruba controller as the database. I can authenticate successfully using EAP-TLS but when I use a VPN client software such as LOKI or Greenbow it won't go through the VPN process. I did some wireless captures and I can see that I am connected to the wireless network but I don't see any response from the controller about VPN. Also, we had RAP working initially but we were told by the customer support that it might be the one causing the problem why the client VPN won't work. Also, I have the VPN authentication under the layer 3 auth. setup with the internal database. What VPN client software should I use and what port should I be using? I have been using 1701, 1723, 4500 but none of those worked. Also it's L2TP. Any thoughts or documentation to setup client VPN? I am also wondering if it's just my Windows 7 computer. I would greatly appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.
Aruba Employee

VPN Connection From Client to Controller

Thank you for your email. I am currently out of the office and will be returning Monday, July11th. I will have limited access to email and phone during this time. If this is a technical issue, please copy me on correspondence with support@arubanetworks.com.

Thanks
-michael
Guru Elite

Re: VPN Connection From Client to Controller

Hi,

We are currently using an aruba 3600 with AP 124. We are trying to setup a VPN connection from the user to the controller. Does the client VPN require RAP to be working? Also, we have the licenses necessary for it. I created a VPN dialer under the VPN services, an address pool, the shard secret, and a username and password under the internal database. We are using 802.1x and we are using the aruba controller as the database. I can authenticate successfully using EAP-TLS but when I use a VPN client software such as LOKI or Greenbow it won't go through the VPN process. I did some wireless captures and I can see that I am connected to the wireless network but I don't see any response from the controller about VPN. Also, we had RAP working initially but we were told by the customer support that it might be the one causing the problem why the client VPN won't work. Also, I have the VPN authentication under the layer 3 auth. setup with the internal database. What VPN client software should I use and what port should I be using? I have been using 1701, 1723, 4500 but none of those worked. Also it's L2TP. Any thoughts or documentation to setup client VPN? I am also wondering if it's just my Windows 7 computer. I would greatly appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

If you are working with support, please continue to work with them, as they have much more information about your problem than we could ever get from you on this public forum.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: