Remote Networking

Occasional Contributor II

VPN Questions and How Many Clients

Hi,
I have a 620 controller I am using as a VPN / RAP terminator.

I have setup PPTP and IPSec

Question I got I want to use IPSec but don't know how to get the aruba certicate off to put on the clients that I don't want to install the VIA on. Like Apple MAC's. I know I could use PPTP but I want to use IPSec if Possiable.

Next can I have a mixure of users..? the Controller says it can handle 256 users is this VPN connections...?

Luke
Guru Elite

Re: VPN Questions and How Many Clients

Hi,
I have a 620 controller I am using as a VPN / RAP terminator.

I have setup PPTP and IPSec

Question I got I want to use IPSec but don't know how to get the aruba certicate off to put on the clients that I don't want to install the VIA on. Like Apple MAC's. I know I could use PPTP but I want to use IPSec if Possiable.

Next can I have a mixure of users..? the Controller says it can handle 256 users is this VPN connections...?

Luke

Ipsec does not require a certificate. It can use username and password. The ArubaOS user guide has a whole section on how to setup an ipsec VPN in this manner.

Each VPN user subtracts from the 256 user total.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Hi Mate,
I have set it up in this manner but the client keeps asking for one. I have checked my configuration as per the manual including copying it all the commands out still no joy I will go back though all my config.
Guru Elite

What is the operating system of the client you are trying to configure?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Thats all fix now mate, got a new issues I done a factory default on it and forgot to back up the factory licences and its moaning about some stuff. About Authenication Profiles, I put on the VPN Firewall licence ran the commands I seen in another thread with the same issue. And still the same.
Guru Elite

You need to open a TAC case to get those licenses back....

Colin Joseph

Cheers dude hopeful as all ways
Guru Elite

Did you ever do a backup flash? is there a flashbackup.tar.gz file on the controller when you type "dir"? In that case, it could have your licenses in there. Make sure you copy your current config, then do a 'restore flash'

Colin Joseph

Nah I didn't I was just playing around with it to get use to the configuration so I can then write my documentation as I went though the VPN setup.

My support company is on the case and going to fix it. N00b error.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: