Remote Networking

Occasional Contributor II

Vbn raps config issues

Hi, where can i obtain in simple words the purpose of split tunnel. I am working in a new implementation of a rap5wn and the first request from my final user is to have a user role authenticated 802.1x to the corporate network and have some applications access too. But he wants that remote users using the same role access internet locally and not through corporate internet and local printer connected to the local lan. My question is and if this kind of request could be accomplished with split tunneling only and if so i will appreciate provide some config guidelines. Thanks
Aruba

Vbn raps config issues

Yes, this can be accomplished using split tunneling.

Some of the traffic can go back to the data center/corporate HQ and some (e.g. internet access and printer traffic) can be made to be dropped off locally.

The split tunneling functionality is detailed in the User guide. Just search for 'split' and you will see it there.

Have a read through that and work through an example or two... feel free to post your config snippet here of the user role policy you are developing.
Guru Elite

Re: Vbn raps config issues

Attached is the original document on how to create a spit tunneled SSID, step-by-step. Please try that.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: