Remote Networking

Contributor I

step by step guide on how to set up an Aruba Remote Mesh

Our institute has a number of guest apartments in different buildings. Even if being in one building, these apartments are not necessarily located next to each other and therefore installing network cables was no option. So the aim was to have one DSL line per building and cover all guest apartments by using Aruba's Remote Mesh capabilities.

It took me some days to figure out how this has to be configured. Neither the ArubaOS 5.0 User Guide nor the knowledge base document 1052 did provide information detailed enough. Also, the steps in the ArubaOS 5.0 User Guide are somehow in a strange order. We also had a discussion at AirHeads Online: https://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=2667

In this document, I've written down all configuration steps I had to do in order to get a working Remote Mesh in our test environment. It proved to work when doing the same steps on our production controller. I hope other Aruba users will find this helpful.

Dirk
New Contributor

Re: step by step guide on how to set up an Aruba Remote Mesh

Nice step-by-step guide, Dirk! Good job. I'll try this config whenever I have a moment to do it.

Thanks so much!

Jorge
Guru Elite

Re: step by step guide on how to set up an Aruba Remote Mesh

Our institute has a number of guest apartments in different buildings. Even if being in one building, these apartments are not necessarily located next to each other and therefore installing network cables was no option. So the aim was to have one DSL line per building and cover all guest apartments by using Aruba's Remote Mesh capabilities.

It took me some days to figure out how this has to be configured. Neither the ArubaOS 5.0 User Guide nor the knowledge base document 1052 did provide information detailed enough. Also, the steps in the ArubaOS 5.0 User Guide are somehow in a strange order. We also had a discussion at AirHeads Online: https://airheads.arubanetworks.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=2667

In this document, I've written down all configuration steps I had to do in order to get a working Remote Mesh in our test environment. It proved to work when doing the same steps on our production controller. I hope other Aruba users will find this helpful.

Dirk

Dirk,

Thanks so much for this step-by-step!

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: