Security, WIDS/WIPS and Aruba ECS

Occasional Contributor II

AP Impersonation attacks

Trying to figure out why the master controller see's a bunch of Aruba AP's that are connected to the local controllers as AP Impersonation attacks...I know this because
every AP the controller is seeing this shows the dual 5GHZ and 2.4GHz radio attacking at the same time with the exact same count....The event ID is telling me that its an man in the middle attack and that somebody is using AirJack...The problems with that is there are over 500 different AP's..Any thoughts?
Brian
Guru Elite

Re: AP Impersonation attacks

What version of code is this?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Colin,
It has been with version 34.x.x and now with 5.0.3.1.....
Brian
Guru Elite

Please open a TAC case. That should not happen.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Yea, I kind of did that and was not getting to far...I will push them a bit more...
Take a look at the attached...Am I seeing things here...There are over 500 of theses.
Brian
Guru Elite

At any time, you can ask to have the case escalated if you feel that you are not getting anywhere. Please exercise that right.

Congrats on posting the right picture, this time :)

Colin Joseph

Yea thanks that was tough getting the right one...I have named so many things the same thing over the last couple days it gets confusing!!! :D
Brian
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: