Security, WIDS/WIPS and Aruba ECS

Occasional Contributor II

Alternative to MS IAS

Good Afternoon All

I have had issues over the last year with using MS IAS for my 802.1x wireless authentication. Seems to be a Windows issue from what I have read. My question is anyone using 802.1x with another radius server other then IAS? I need to do machine and user authentication for my users.

Thanks
Ed
Aruba Employee

Re: Alternative to MS IAS

Hi Ed - Yes, I use Juniper's Unified Access Control appliance.
Guru Elite

Freeradius

Good Afternoon All

I have had issues over the last year with using MS IAS for my 802.1x wireless authentication. Seems to be a Windows issue from what I have read. My question is anyone using 802.1x with another radius server other then IAS? I need to do machine and user authentication for my users.

Thanks
Ed

You could, of course use Freeradius. The machine authentication issue, however is a problem with Active Directory, and NOT the MS IAS server itself, unfortunately.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Aruba Employee

Re: Alternative to MS IAS

Good Afternoon All

Thanks
Ed

Ed,
What type of issues are you having with machine authentication? This normally works well for me with MS IAS.

-Mike
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: