Security, WIDS/WIPS and Aruba ECS

Occasional Contributor II

Captive portal integrated with internal database

Hi guys,

I need to have a captive portal which will just show for 10 - 20 sec and then redirect to the internal database ..

What i am trying to achieve is just a informational page for a particular ssid with mac authentication. if the user exists in the internal database he should be allowed access and if not it should deny access.
Guru Elite

MAC Authentication

What if the user does NOT exist in the internal database? Do you want them to be notified? Maybe you only want users to be notified when they do NOT pass mac auth?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Re: Captive portal integrated with internal database

Wow If its possible that would be gr8. if not atleast in the captive portal it will be mentioned that you will have to be registered etc...
Aruba

Captive Portal if user fails MAC address authentication

This scenario can be set-up with the internal database and MAC authentication.

Users that pass MAC authentication because they already have a registered device would be automatically 'promoted' to a role that allows web traffic without being intercepted upon connection/authentication.

Users that fail MAC authentication(since they haven't registered yet) would be 'presented' with the captive portal, which presumably would have instructions on who/what/why/where to register their device for access.

exactly , the issue i did setup a captive portal and internal database ,both working fine in it places . the issue is captive portal just waits for 10 -20 sec and without checking the internal database it just redirects to the page or grants access

Hi All ,

Anyone kindly guide me how this can be achieved?
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: