Security, WIDS/WIPS and Aruba ECS

Occasional Contributor II

Captive portal

Hi ,

I am using OS version 5.2 , my question is we need captive portal with no username and password input . just an accept button to allow the guest users to enter the network.

I was able to do this with the captive portal wizard but the issue is ,it does not check for the button it works on time out. ie it stays for a certain period of time and redirects.

Is there a way which will check only the check box or accept button and then redirect ???

Thanks in advance.....:)
Aruba Employee

Re: Captive portal

In your captive portal profile, turn off user login and make sure guest login is enabled. Then, save the html below as a file and upload that file to your captive portal profile as a top level captive portal login page. You can change the email address in the html to what ever value makes sense to you. All of your guest users will share that login.

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1" />

Public wireless Internet access

Company C
Guest Wireless Access Acceptable Use Policy

This Policy is a guide to the acceptable use of the Company C Guest Wireless network
facilities and services.

Any individual connected to the Guest Wireless Network in order to use it directly or to
connect to any other network(s), must comply with this policy, the stated purposes and
Acceptable Use policies of any other network(s) or host(s) used, and all applicable laws,
rules, and regulations.

COMPANY C MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE AVAILABILITY OR SECURITY
OF THE GUEST WIRELESS NETWORK, AND ALL USE IS PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS BASIS. BY USING THE
GUEST WIRELESS NETWORK YOU AGREE TO DEFEND, INDEMNIFY, AND HOLD HARMLESS COMPANY C FOR
ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES THAT MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE GUEST WIRELESS NETWORK.

Company C takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content uploaded,
shared, transmitted, or downloaded by you or any third party, or for anything you may
encounter or any data that may be lost or compromised while connected to the Guest
Wireless Network.

Company C reserves the right to disconnect any user at any time and for any reason. The
Guest Wireless Network is provided as a courtesy to allow our guests access to the
internet. Users will not be given access to the Company C intranet or permission to
install any software on our computers.

Inappropriate use of the Guest Wireless Network is not permitted. This policy does not
enumerate all possible inappropriate uses but rather presents some guidelines (listed
below) that COmpany C may at any time use to make a determination that a particular use
is inappropriate:

• Users must respect the privacy and intellectual property rights of others.

• Users must respect the integrity of our network and any other public or private
    computing and network systems.

• Use of the Guest Wireless Network for malicious, fraudulent, or misrepresentative
    purposes is prohibited.

• The Guest Wireless Network may not be used in a manner that precludes or hampers
    other users access to the Guest Wireless Network or other any other networks.

• Nothing may be installed or used that modifies, disrupts, or interferes in any way
    with service for any user, host, or network.

CLICK ON THE BUTTON BELOW TO ACCEPT THE ABOVE POLICY TERMS.

class="text" accesskey="e" />

Aruba Employee

You can also modify the text as needed as well (obviously!!).

As an FYI - what is happening in this code is that the email address embedded in the HTML is used to "login" to the controller in the background when the user clicks the "I Accept" button.

Thnx mate. i will try this
Aruba Employee

CP no user login

Excellent work Olin, got my problem sorted out in 5 mins. Much appreciated.:D:D

Works fine Gr8 Help Thnx mate
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for