Security, WIDS/WIPS and Aruba ECS

Occasional Contributor II

SSH public key not working

We are trying to automate some processes internally and need access from servers to the controllers. I created a new cert by entering the following:

openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 365 -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout arubacert.pem -out arubacert.pem

I imported the cert into Aruba and added SSH access and the new user in administration, however when I type in:

# ssh user@aruba1

I get
user@aruba1's password:

What did I do wrong? Shouldn't have this signed me in automatically?
Guru Elite

SSH public key access

We are trying to automate some processes internally and need access from servers to the controllers. I created a new cert by entering the following:

openssl req -x509 -nodes -days 365 -newkey rsa:1024 -keyout arubacert.pem -out arubacert.pem

I imported the cert into Aruba and added SSH access and the new user in administration, however when I type in:

# ssh user@aruba1

I get
user@aruba1's password:

What did I do wrong? Shouldn't have this signed me in automatically?

In the user guide it states "Under SSH (Secure Shell) Authentication Method, select Client Public Key. You can optionally select Username/Password to use both username/password and public key authentication for SSH access." Is it possible that you have username/password also selected?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Re: SSH public key not working

I actually don't see where to check for username/password, so I don't believe it's checked. Does anyone have SSH access setup successfully between a server and a controller?
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: