Security, WIDS/WIPS and Aruba ECS

New Contributor

WPA2-Enterprise via Windows XP

I currently have less than a year of wireless experience and any help would be great.

I'm doing an evaluation of your equipment with a setup of an Aruba 800 Controller with two AP-61s and an AP-70. This is currently set to WPA2-enterprise though my Radius Server for authentication.

I have two Windows 7 Professional PCs which work perfectly, I connect and it asks for a username and password and authenticates. My windows XP laptop however is having trouble. I have the Juniper Odyssey client software loaded with my username and password in the profile and all it does is spin at "waiting to authenticate:

If anyone could give me some pointers and/or steps for WPA2-enterprise security for Windows XP clients that would be great.

please post if you have any answers or questions.
Guru Elite

Odyssey Client

Do the other devices (Windows 7 pcs) have the Odyssey Client as well? Have you tried the Windows XP client without the Odyssey Client? That might simplify things.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Re: WPA2-Enterprise via Windows XP

I've attached the WPA2-enterprise (AES) PEAP client config screen cap.
I hope that can help your win 7 clients.
thanks.

Aruba Employee

Re: WPA2-Enterprise via Windows XP

In OAC, you can test by disabling server cert checking. However, would need a better description of the failure you see on the OAC client. what does the RADIUS server say? On the controller, when you run a 'show auth-tracebuf | inclue ', what is the output seen?

OAC has alot of knobs and buttons, if you can screenshot the network settings and authentication settings pages, etc if you can.
Jerrod Howard
Sr. Techical Marketing Engineer
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: