Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

AD Login at Self Registration with sponsor?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AD Login at Self Registration with sponsor?

Posted Oct 13, 2014 12:46 PM

Hi all

I have a customer who wants to implement a BYOD lite network where he wants:

Guests to 'self register' through a captive portal using their AD credentials

They also need a sponsor, probably someone within the organisation who has the right to sponsor

MAC Caching for 30 days for that device once registered.

I can't see how to do this, if its even possible. If they self reg, they are issued a new passsword and are really setup as a guest. If I take them straight to a login page, I cant add in a sponsor request and initiate the whole sponsoring.

Any ideas?

Cheers

• 2.  RE: AD Login at Self Registration with sponsor?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 13, 2014 01:01 PM

• 3.  RE: AD Login at Self Registration with sponsor?

Posted Oct 16, 2014 01:39 PM

i don't quite get what part doesn't work? an extensive example can be found here:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Clearpass-Guest-Self-registration-amp-self-sponsorship-email/td-p/191001

perhaps it can be adapted to your situation?

if not where exactly does it break?

• 4.  RE: AD Login at Self Registration with sponsor?

Posted Oct 17, 2014 05:29 AM

It doesn't break. I think I was trying to do something that is not possible. We wanted users to 'self-register' but use their AD credentials as the username and password and for someone to confirm that they can access the network. So essentially, BYOD with sponsorship. Due to the fact that sponsored registration creates a guest account, I don't think its possible.

Either way, I managed to get the customer to agree to doing self reg with sponsorship and mac caching and they were happy with that.