Security

Contributor II

AD Login at Self Registration with sponsor?

Hi all

I have a customer who wants to implement a BYOD lite network where he wants:

Guests to 'self register' through a captive portal using their AD credentials

They also need a sponsor, probably someone within the organisation who has the right to sponsor

MAC Caching for 30 days for that device once registered.

I can't see how to do this, if its even possible. If they self reg, they are issued a new passsword and are really setup as a guest. If I take them straight to a login page, I cant add in a sponsor request and initiate the whole sponsoring.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Guru Elite

Re: AD Login at Self Registration with sponsor?

[ Edited ]

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

i don't quite get what part doesn't work? an extensive example can be found here:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Clearpass-Guest-Self-registration-amp-self-sponsorship-email/td-p/191001

perhaps it can be adapted to your situation?

if not where exactly does it break?

Contributor II

It doesn't break. I think I was trying to do something that is not possible. We wanted users to 'self-register' but use their AD credentials as the username and password and for someone to confirm that they can access the network. So essentially, BYOD with sponsorship. Due to the fact that sponsored registration creates a guest account, I don't think its possible.

Either way, I managed to get the customer to agree to doing self reg with sponsorship and mac caching and they were happy with that.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: