Security

Super Contributor II

AD SAM error

I am getting authentication failures between clearpass and AD, the access tracker alert is showing - "No trusted SAM account". I dont have access to the customers domain controller to investigate so I just wanted to know if this is a Clearpass or an AD issue.

Super Contributor II

Re: AD SAM error

I have tried leaving the domain, however this has resulted in a "failed to leave the domain" error.

Guru Elite

You should have an option to leave the domain without a username and password.  Either way, you will need the customer to use an account that has rights to add the server back to the domain to get it working.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

Hi Matt. What version of CPPM are you running? We've definitely got this working fine with 6.2.0. I suspect your CPPM appliance hasn't been joined to the domain, your credentials aren't valid, or the user account you've been given doesn't have sufficient rights?
Super Contributor II

Just got customer confirmation that the ClearPasses account had been deleted from AD. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: