Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  AD over SSL

Posted Oct 13, 2017 07:12 AM

Hi!

I´m having trouble with AD over SSL. I´ve created a certificate for the clearpass server from AD CA and uploaded it, also added CA to trust.

The clearpass server is member of 2 active directories.

As soon as I choose: "Enable to verify Server Certificate for secure connection" . The source fails.With errormessage: "Can't contact LDAP server"

But I can use it fine running AD SSL over 636 without this option no problem.

Clearpass and AD server is in the same subnet.

Any tips for troubleshooting ?

Is the connection still running encryptet without this option enabled ?

• 2.  RE: AD over SSL

Posted Oct 13, 2017 10:24 AM

Do you also have the root from the CA that issued the DC cert in the Clearpass trust list ?

Launching a packet capture on the CPPM node and analysing what is being presented by the DC could be a good thing too.

Cheers,

• 3.  RE: AD over SSL

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 15, 2017 01:49 PM

As said, you need to import and enable the root CA that issued the certificate for your LDAPS. The problem likely lies in here.

If you like to see the process in a video, check here.

• 4.  RE: AD over SSL
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 18, 2017 05:33 AM

Hi!

Thanks for the tips, I´ve installe the root cert so that wasn´t the problem.

I´m embarrassed to say but it turns out that the AD-servers where added as sources with ip instead of DNS-name.

The log details in access tracker showed:  ERROR RadiusServer.Radius - rlm_ldap: TLS: unable to get CN from peer certificate

Which clued me in. Pretty obious in the end :)