Security

Les
New Contributor

APs Connected to Wired 802.1x Switch Port

Hi,

We are trying to get rid of VMPS on our wired network and replace it with dot1x.  I was looking for a guide on how to get Aruba APs to authenticate to a Cisco doiing dot1x.  We only have 2950s so Mac Authentication Bypass is not supported.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Les

Chief Airhead

Re: APs Connected to Wired 802.1x Switch Port

What AOS are you running? You can go here and pick up a user guide based on the AOS you are running.

http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Default.aspx?EntryId=218

Sean Rynearson | Chief Airhead
Aruba, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

Les wrote:

Hi,

We are trying to get rid of VMPS on our wired network and replace it with dot1x.  I was looking for a guide on how to get Aruba APs to authenticate to a Cisco doiing dot1x.  We only have 2950s so Mac Authentication Bypass is not supported.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Les

Les,

You are in the right place at the right time.  Native wired 802.1x support for Aruba APs will be here sooner than you think.  Watch this space....

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Les
New Contributor

Thanks for the responses.  I have check the User Guide for ArubaOS 5.0 and didn't find anything related to switch port access.

What version of ArubaOS will have Native AP 802.1x?

Guru Elite

Version 6.1.3.0.  Coming out in the next day or so.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

Update: it is on the website now...

Colin Joseph

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: