Security

Contributor I

About eap ternimation

I have a question,if I enable eap ternimation on the controller.Do I need to specify the authentication method as EAP-PEAP or EAP-TLS on the authentication server?

Guru Elite

Re: About eap ternimation

EAP termination was used in the past when you could not load a server certificate on a radius server.  If you already have a radius server and you can load a server certificate on it, you should not enable termination; you should just define a radius server on the controller and have your radius server authenticate to it.  Enabling termination on the controller has a few drawbacks like having to load a server certificate on the controller and the inability to do machine authentication for Windows clients.

To answer your question:  you should configure the EAP type on the authentication server.  Again, if you can put a server certificate on your radius server, you should not need to enable termination on the controller.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: