Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Access tracker summary tab port information

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Access tracker summary tab port information

Posted Aug 20, 2018 04:40 AM

One of our customers complained that after upgrade to 6.7.5 from 6.7.2 in access tracker port information is not readable. After a short investigation, I realized that he was referring to a summary tab, Access Device IP/Port: attributes when doing wired authentication. They are using HPE 5400R as access switches. Apparently port information displayed in summary tab is “Radius:IETF:NAS-Port”. It would make much more sense if instead it was “Radius:IETF:NAS-Port-Id”. For instance, in 5406 when Radius:IETF:NAS-Port = 42, Radius:IETF:NAS-Port-Id is B10. As far as I know, there is no way I can customize what information appears in summary tab. Am I correct? If yes, can I ask to reconsider this change?

• 2.  RE: Access tracker summary tab port information

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 20, 2018 06:31 AM
    Hi

AFAIK this was always the NAS-Port and never the NAS-Port-id. Both are visible in the input section in the RADIUS request.

With single ‘slot’ switches (24 or 48 in 1U) you will see the correct port as the NAS-Port is equal to the NAS-Port-id.

You could do a feature request to change this.

• 3.  RE: Access tracker summary tab port information

Posted Aug 20, 2018 06:38 AM

I know that both are visible in the input tab. This was a question about convenience. Would be nice to get the useful information in the first place.

• 4.  RE: Access tracker summary tab port information

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 20, 2018 07:46 AM
    True to that.

Maybe the NAS-Port value differs per brand of switches. We only talk about this setting now in combo with ArubaOS switches.