Security

last person joined: 12 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Account Expiry Warning email - ClearPass 6.5

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Account Expiry Warning email - ClearPass 6.5

Posted Apr 22, 2015 11:02 AM

Hi everyone,

I was wondering, has anyone successfully set up the Account Expiry Warning feature in ClearPass 6.5.0?

I have been scratching my head over what appears to be a simple "on or off" feature. However, whatever I do I cannot get CPPM to send an email 24 hours before the account is due to expire. I have:

- Ensured messaging is working

- Turned on Account Expiry Warning in Guest Manager

- Added the "expire_notify_after" field into my guest registration form with an initial value of 1 (which I believe means an email will be sent - wheras a value of 0 means no email will be sent).

However, I don't receive any email notification. Can anyone help me figure out what I am missing here?

Thanks and Regards,

• 2.  RE: Account Expiry Warning email - ClearPass 6.5

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 22, 2015 11:30 AM

Is SMTP configured in CPPM? Also, check the application log in CPG. That should show it tried to send the email message and a failure reason.

• 3.  RE: Account Expiry Warning email - ClearPass 6.5

Posted Apr 22, 2015 11:35 AM

Hi Zach,

Thanks for the response. I have ensured messaging is working. I receive email when I am a guest account sponsor, also I have sent and received numerous test messages.

In the application log of ClearPass Guest there's nothing mentioned about the email - i.e. nothing to say an email was sent, nothing to say email failed - nothing.

Cheers,