Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

After exporting/importing a service, I get this error.

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  After exporting/importing a service, I get this error.

Posted Jan 17, 2018 10:19 AM
    Policy serverSession failed for Host=172.18.98.2, Reason=[Failed to connect to datasource: [unixODBC]fe_sendauth: no password supplied
    SQLState=08001 ErrorCode=101]

It seems as though the service.xml file did not contain the passwords for the AUTH SOURCES so lookups for example using the time source do not work...

• 2.  RE: After exporting/importing a service, I get this error.

Posted Jan 17, 2018 12:14 PM

Thanks for the warning.

Guess it's time to look in the password manager to make sure I have all of my service passwords up to date.

• 3.  RE: After exporting/importing a service, I get this error.
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 17, 2018 12:44 PM
    Basically I did not know (dumb on my part) that when you export the service, the password does not follow so must be typed backed into the XML file.\

TAC ironed it out for me....scared the crap out of me for a min...

• 4.  RE: After exporting/importing a service, I get this error.

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 18, 2018 04:01 AM

It is by security design that if you select during the export NOT to password protect the export file, that credentials (like SQL/LDAP passwords) are left out of the export.

What you can try is export the authentication source (separately), with a password, then import that in your new ClearPass server. Unfortunately, you can't change anything in the XML in that case.

• 5.  RE: After exporting/importing a service, I get this error.

Posted Jan 18, 2018 08:16 AM
    Thanks Herman.

I know now but I got scared yesterday morning lol. All is good and back up and running. I honestly just didn't know. Now I do.