Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

AirGroup Server - Captive Portal

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  AirGroup Server - Captive Portal

Posted Aug 29, 2016 06:42 AM

I am looking for a solution to allow an Apple TV to connect to a Guest Network that has a Captive Portal. I beleive this would be done by registering the device in to the Guest Device reposirory as normal. We would then re-configure the MAC Authentication service to query the Guest Device Repository. This would then allow the AppleTV to connect without hitting the Portal. This was discussed in the following thread however it does not seem to work for me. The MAC Auth fails. 

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/Controller-Captive-Portal-ClearPass-AppleTv-Question/td-p/155312

Any ideas?

• 2.  RE: AirGroup Server - Captive Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 06:44 AM
    That is correct. What is shown in access tracker?

• 3.  RE: AirGroup Server - Captive Portal

Posted Aug 29, 2016 06:48 AM
      |   view attached

Image attached...

For some reason, it says it is using Local:Localhost as an authentication source. Not sure why. It is not conmfigured on the service. 

• 4.  RE: AirGroup Server - Captive Portal
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 06:51 AM
    Localhost is normal. The authentication is not matching an entry in your enforcement policy.

• 5.  RE: AirGroup Server - Captive Portal

Posted Aug 29, 2016 06:59 AM

That was it!

How did you determine it was the Policy?