Security

last person joined: 11 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Airgroup Generating LOTS of log entries

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airgroup Generating LOTS of log entries

Posted Nov 19, 2014 09:45 AM

I am working towards enabling the airgroup features in clearpass, but i am running into 1 last hurdle.  When i enable the RFC server on the contoller(see attachment named "controller") it starts to genrate TONS of log entries in access tracker on clearpass(see attachment named "CP Access tracker")

Is this normal to have that many log entries?  I dont like it because it makes it harder to find the actual 802.1x entries when i am tring to groubleshoot stuff.  For a scale reference, the controller reports that it generaly does about 100,000 authentications per day.  With Aigroup enabled it did about 500,000 which just seems super excessive.

• 2.  RE: Airgroup Generating LOTS of log entries

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2014 09:51 AM

mwallen,

What version of ArubaOS are you running?

• 3.  RE: Airgroup Generating LOTS of log entries

Posted Nov 19, 2014 09:53 AM

I am running AOS 6.4.1.0 and Clearpass 6.4.0.66263

• 4.  RE: Airgroup Generating LOTS of log entries
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2014 10:12 AM

mwallen,

There is a potential fix in the upcoming ArubaOS 6.4.2.3 release for the Airgroup issue you are witnessing.

This has been addressed in 6.3.1.13.  The bug number is 106505 in the release notes below:

http://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=15375

"Symptom: A Controller used to send multiple authentication requests for AirGroup users to CPPM server when it did not receive a response from the CPPM server. This issue is resolved with internal code changes.

Scenario: This issue was not limited to a specific controller model or ArubaOS release version. Platform: All platforms.

Reported Version: ArubaOS 6.4.2.0."

• 5.  RE: Airgroup Generating LOTS of log entries

Posted Nov 19, 2014 10:16 AM

Awesome, Thanks agian!  

Now the million dollar question(which you probably are not allowed to  answer) is there a hopeful release date for 6.4.2.3?  I thought i had heard it was sometime this month but that was a few weeks ago.  

• 6.  RE: Airgroup Generating LOTS of log entries

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2014 10:18 AM

mwallen,

The best answer is "sooner rather than later".  I am not sure.

• 7.  RE: Airgroup Generating LOTS of log entries

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 19, 2014 10:47 AM
    For now you can create a data filter view that hides the AirGroup Authorization messages.